Molli, Stefano

Name: Molli, Stefano
Gender: Male
Birth: May 12, 1858 Borgomanero (Novara)
Death: April 26, 1916 Torino
Description: Stefano Molli graduated with a degree in civil engineering from the Regia Scuola di Applicazioni per Ingegneri di Torino (today’s Politecnico) in 1882. He enriched his education further by enrolling in courses in drawing at the Accademia Albertina di Belle Arti in Turin and spending time in Rome to study classical architecture. In 1883, he was hired by the architectural firm of Count Carlo Ceppi. He designed numerous public buildings, such as the Chiesa di Nostra Signora del Suffragio (in Susa) and the Tipografia Manetti. He also contributed to the design of the pavilions for the Exposition of Religious Art in Turin (1898) and restored the Castle of Barengo (Novara). In addition to the Exposition of 1911, he partnered with architect Giacomo Salvadori di Wiesenhof to design the new building for the Politecnico di Torino.
Places: Plus Borgomanero (Novara)
Plus Torino
Photographs: Molli, Stefano_ritratto | Molli, Stefano_portrait